Thursday, May 2, 2013

Healthy Eating

So, like I was talking about yesterday, I'm on a bit of a diet, which is new for me!
I'm not the type to diet . . . AT ALL! I'm actually against it. What I am for is lifestyle changes,
which is why I'm doing this. I want to incorporate a healthier lifestyle than the one I'm currently living.
Since Jon and I were married, I've changed a lot about my lifestyle. I actually adore
exercising, and instead of eating massive amounts of fast food, I'll stick with the kid size portion 
(which, shocker! Usually comes with a drink, fries, and is totally a portion size for less!)

But I've recently plateaued in my desire to improve. Yes, I teach quite a bit during the week, and I
do other exercises on top of that. But why isn't the scale budging. 
Why am I actually GAINING weight again?!?!?!?!
Easy-my diet sucks.
I live on junk food.
I love sugar.
I can eat a huge bowl of carmel popcorn and not even bat an eye.
It's disgusting really!

So I'm starting with this DETOX which has opened my eyes to the glories of salads again. 
I'm looking into fun protein shakes for my post workout needs.
I'm looking for healthy snacks to replace the void in my life that I'm trying to ease off on!

Here's some of my findings!
(Thank You Pinterest and the World Wide Web!)
54 Healthy Smoothie Recipes
A lot of these actually look appealing, or I like experimenting with things I have (since I refuse to put an avocado in anything I eat!). Nice jumping point!
CLICK HERE FOR SITE
Something I tried today was 1 Cup Almond Milk, 1 Cup Strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana,
1 large handful of spinach, and 1 scoop strawberry protein powder. Even my cheap
crappy blender could handle this mixture and it came out pretty good!
Natural Fruit Roll Ups
This recipe is done in the oven, and since I don't have a dehydrator, I love that option!
My kids and I love fruit roll ups, so I love an option that seems really easy (although time consuming)
and is JUST fruit! Yummy!
CLICK HERE FOR SITE
 
Dried Strawberries that claim to be better than TWIZZLERS (which I love).
I honestly just bought strawberries to try these out! Hopefully I have enough time at home to actually
make them! So simple! It's just baking them in the oven for a couple of hours!
I will seriously let you know if they are as good as they claim!
CLICK HERE FOR SITE

I would seriously love to hear your thoughts on yummy, healthy recipes or snacks!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment