Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spin Inspired

This routine I created for spin, but it can be done on a treadmill, elliptical, or on a track (if you live somewhere where the track actually has good terrain!).  I'm going to tell you the scale of the sprint or climb, where 1 is basically sleeping, and 10 you want to die! Oh, And I'm including my playlist, because I'm cool like that!

1. Whistle: Flo Rida
2. Yummy: Gwen Stefani
3. I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with With You: Black Kids
4. Big Butts: Sir Mix-a-lot
5. Wonderful Night: Fatboy Slim
6. Crazy Kids: Ke$ha
7. Run: Flo Rida
8. Arms: Christina Perri

Routine: 
1. Warm up- easy breezy, 3-4
2. Easy Jog (running or elliptical), standing run (bike), 5-6
3. Sprints-30 sec sprint, 15 sec break (you can do these longer, but stick with break being half the time as the sprint.
4. Climb-Make it a great incline (like a 10+ on a treadmill) or add gear to make it about an 8. On the bike I like to add jumps to the "fellas" part!
5. Fast run. If you don't like my songs, make it a shorter song (mine is 2:45).
6. Steady climb. Lower incline (maybe 5) and maybe a light jog (scale 5-6). On the bike, I'm about a scale 7 and add hovers to the chorus.
7. Run and Sprint. Run the whole thing and sprint the chorus (I wanna run to you!). OR Jog and Sprint OR walk and sprint! It's the last song, make it worth it!
8. Cool down. Easy pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment