Monday, January 28, 2013

Sculpt All Day

 What do you do on those days you don't have time to do a workout? Do it throughout the day! Today, I challenge you to do random leg sculpting exercises throughout your day! Here's how we are going to start:

How long are you suppose to brush your teeth every morning? Two minutes, right?! So for your two minutes of teeth cleaning, we are going to focus on the inner/outer thighs and behind borrowing a little barre style exercise. I found this here. Repeat this exercise for your night time teeth brushing too!
First Position Plié and Relevé
Use a portable barre, countertop, or sturdy table that is at least hip level. Lightly place both hands on the surface and bring your feet into first position, heels together, toes turned out from the hip socket to the corners. Your feet make a small V shape. Never turn the toes out all the way, because it is hard on the knees. Lift your heels off the floor and press onto the ball of your foot, keeping your ankles strong. Keep your heels lifted the whole time. Straighten the legs and bend them so your knees are over your toes (above), keeping the torso upright and elongated. It should look as if you are sliding up and down a wall. Stretch the legs fully at the top with your heels lifted. Then bend the knees back into a plié.

How many times a day do you wash your hands?! As a mom, I feel that I wash mine about 50 times a day between cleaning up my kids, my house, bathroom breaks, doing dishes, etc. Today, I want you to do squats or a wall sit every time you wash those hands! It's 20 seconds of quad, hamstring, glute work, multiple times a day! 

I'm curious how many squats you end up doing! If you think about counting them all, let me know! I will try to keep track of mine as well!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment