Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New You

I decided it was time to come back to this blog--something I've neglected for awhile--but thanks to New Years' Resolutions, we're BACK! This time around though I'm doing it different. This blog will not be for me so much but be for others trying to reach their goals.  I'm thinking about my sisters actually! I have one doing the Mrs. Idaho pageant, and two that just had babies (one of which has a trip to Puerto Rico coming up!).  

My plan is to post a new workout daily (at least Mon-Fri). These workouts will likely only take about 30 minutes to complete and will hopefully require minimal equipment. I want almost all to be doable in the comfort of your home because I know not everyone has a gym readily available or the time to get their regularly.  

So today, I ask you, what is your goal for 2013?  Is it to lose weight? get sculpted? gain endurance? build some muscle? get back into pre-baby jeans? look hot for summer? gain confidence?

How are you going to get there? Work out 3-5 days a week? diet? nothing? pray for a miracle?!

For me, Jon and I just signed up for a Warrior Dash in April. I know I'm probably strong enough for the obstacles, but can't run worth a darn! So I'm shooting for endurance this year!

What will you need? My life is music based, so find music that moves you. I like pop music with a great beat (think Ke$ha, Britney, Beyonce . . .). Go for at least a 30 minute playlists-first and last songs being warmup and cooldown. Be excited for you music because that may help you want to sweat more! And get ready. We start tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you are doing this! My goal...in 4 weeks of course is to drop the baby weight fast and not let it hang out as long. Until then I plan to walk until I have the go ahead to start the real stuff. Aslo 10th anniversary trip to Hawaii is pretty motivating for the two of us. Thanks Kat for helping with the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first workout is a walking one that I LOVE! I about died the first few times I walked with a stroller after Dex. I forgot just how bad coming back was! We'll get you back to smokin' shape!

    ReplyDelete