Monday, April 29, 2013

Post Race Updates

I've realized that I haven't been very good and posting how these events I've been training
for or signing up for have been going! This weekend I finished my 3rd event for the season
and am loving it! Now I just need to figure out what's next on my list! 
Color Run Lubbock 2013
The crowds were nuts at The Color Run and even in my time in Houston,
I've never seen such massive chaos!
After an hour waiting to start the run . . . we finally go moving! The girls I went
with quickly flew past me (they are quick ones!) and in the end I think I ran it in under
40 minutes, which I thought was pretty good since I stopped for pictures and made sure I
got sufficiently painted at each color station! And yes, I did sweat
rainbows!
Walk for Autism  Amarillo 2013
We (Jon and I) signed up for The Walk for Autistm for Team Chandler--a super stellar kid that we go to church with! It was not what we expected!
The walk was crazy short, but the event was really fun and super kid friendly!
Our little monkeys had a blast and it was for a great cause!
Warrior Dash Albuquerque 2013
This weekend was our (Jon and mine) Warrior Dash! It was a LOT different from last
year . . . meaning . . . we were fairly clean at the finish! They held it at the Balloon Park where
the famous Balloon Races are held every year, and it was really the most beautiful grass area
I had seen in years! Not really the place you expect this event! We started off a bit off
site where there was a lot of gravel and dirt and hills, and Jon proved that he will always be
tougher than me! I was
DYING! I'm blaming the altitude, so don't tell me otherwise!
The actual obstacles were really fun! Some higher than we expected!
All in all, we ran it in about 45 minutes, which I thought was pretty good, since I
really forced Jon to walk with me at parts! He's caught the bug for these type of races
now, so I'm excited what next race we could sign up for!

Any other great races coming up this summer? I am planning on The Color Run Amarillo
in June, and maybe in Idaho in July! You would think I was a runner!

I did ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Justin has caught a bug too...He ran a 5K leg of the memorial marathon relay yesterday and now really wants to do the Dirty 30 this year...so how bad ar ethe obstacles in these warrior dash and dirty 30 type races... I am thinking it would be fun to do the Zombie Dirty 30 Oct 19 if it is close enough. Anyway, I have the Color Me Rad Run on May 11 and CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaidi-The Warrior obstacles aren't really bad. And you can easily go around them! I hear the Spartan Races are hardcore. Mud runs seem hard to me for the whole terrain aspect! Zombie races sound so fun to me too! Maybe we will have to join you! Check out the website for the Color Me Rad! My doppleganger is on on there!

    ReplyDelete