Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jogger Stroller 101

B.O.B. Stroller (I got the navy one!)
I'm admittedly new to the whole jogger stroller game, but even after just one run, there is so much I have learned!

1. Check Your Tire Pressure: there is a BIG difference between running with full wheels, 
and running with fairly flat ones! It's like cruising on smooth cement verses trudging through mud!

2. Fixed Wheel vs Swivel Wheel: I never understood the appeal of a fixed wheel when
a swivel is so much easier to maneuver. People said it shakes, and it really does!
Nothing terrible, but if you can fix that front wheel, it leads to a smoother ride!
I do love my swivel for everyday use though!

3. Wind Resistance: Wow, running against the wind with a stroller is the equivalent of running 
up a steep hill to me! Bless those with double strollers! I can't imagine the kiddos liking it
very much either, but your legs will definitely get a workout!

4. If you are in the market for a jogger, shop around. I asked MANY friends, MANY times which
strollers they prefer. The top two were B.O.B. and Chariot. There are a few major
differences between the two, but what it came down to is what your lifestyle is.
The fans of Chariot also ride their bikes a lot, and you can attach this to the bike, or use it
as a stroller. The B.O.B. is just a stroller. Both are expensive (in my book!) but are
quality. B.O.B. has stellar costumer service also, which I think is a huge plus.

Random post, I know, but there you go!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment