Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yoga Week: Tree

I found out that my gym is not the only group involved in this month of yoga!
Check out Grow Soul Beautiful and their Instagram challenge!

ANYHOO-today I want to talk about TREE pose!
This is truly one of my all-time favorite moves because I can actually do it, and my kids 
bust it out all the time saying "Look Mom! I'm doing yoga!"
Another reason I love it so much is the variation options!
 This is what I consider level 2 which is where your foot is on the inside of your knee.
Level 1 is where you keep your foot right next to the heel. TOTALLY doable!
Level 3 (in my book). Foot is on your inner-upper thigh.
Finally level 4 or what I've been told is the Bikram style of tree. 

Your hands can be at heart center or together and raised, or reaching up to the sky or really
wherever you like them. Some people like to lean into the pose to. 
Rock on, I say!

Try it out! Have your kids join!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment