Monday, July 22, 2013

All You Need is a Seat!

I'm finally back from vacation and I managed to work out once. 
Pathetic I know!
The funny thing is, I worked out in my old bedroom where all I had 
was 5lb weights and a window seat.
There is A LOT you can do with those two little items!
Heck, there is a lot you can do with just that seat!

Here are some things you can do in a limited area with a limited item!

 Step Ups: Alternate Legs or stick to one for 1 minute straight and then switch!
You will totally get your heart racing plus sculpt your legs!
Dips: Straighten your legs to make this move harder. This will tone and tighten
your "wavebacks" (you know, that part of your arm that waves back as you wave!).

 I don't even know what to call these, but they are my favorite move!
Slowly slide down but do not rest your foot on the floor!
Then you slide back up!
Your thighs and behind will be screaming their thanks!
Bulgarian Squats: With your back leg elevated, simply preform a lunge. 
The key is to make sure your form is still correct (no front knees over the toes).
After 16 on one side, switch sides!

Elevated Pushups: This move is a quick way to engage your whole body!
Hold it in a plank position if you can't quite do the pushups.
Either way, you will be toning!

There you go! Five moves to get moving with only a stair, window seat, chair, or whatever
you may have handy. Maybe it's a park bench as you are running? Or perhaps
a hay bell that you have sitting in your field 
(okay, I'm from Idaho! and actually that would probably be really painful! Forget the hay bell!)!
Most likely it's the edge of your couch as you are watching Sesame Street 
with your kids! Whatever it is, keep moving!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment