Thursday, June 3, 2010

Improvement

I've only been training for about a week officially, but I've already seen some improvement (or maybe I'm just finally pushing myself a little more!) Today, after my spin class I ran, not a whole lot, but I ran for 1.5 miles in 16:30 (minutes) before I said I was done! This is a great improvement to the 1 mile stint I had on Monday (although I did run more)! Tonight I swam too, and here are my results:

1st 300: 6:17 (minutes)
2nd 3oo: 6:03 (minutes)

I'm hoping I can push that into the 5 1/2 minute range! Running, I'm still just making it a goal to run the whole thing--after that I'll shoot for a 10 minute mile! I'm hoping my knees will hold out! They gave me a lot of grief during the MS 150 and I haven't fully recovered since. My bike is really in need of some love. I took it out on Tuesday night, and realized the front tire is busted at the valve, and so that will need replaced, but I did get into my lower gears, so that's nice. It probably needs oiled up and cleaned up still. I think I'll focus on the tire first! I really need to get some ride time!

No comments:

Post a Comment