Sunday, June 27, 2010

I DID IT!

I did it! I finished my first tri! I'm still so excited and happy about it I could burst! I was #168 out of #500 based off of swim time. In the scheme of things, this really doesn't mean much if you are a fast bike rider or runner. Check out the results here.
Yeah, my swim outfit is quite astounding. My swim time was 6:41, which is lower than I was timing it during practice!
I'm not much of a runner, but my bike time was descent, averaging about 18mph-making it about a 39 minute ride. I thought I wanted to hurl by the time I hit the pavement in my running shoes, but still averaged under a 12 minute mile (which is my average!).
My lovely glamor shot. I placed 22 in my age group, and 105 overall in my gender (not including the Athena group). I'm quite pleased with my results! I wanted to finish under 1 1/2 hours, which I did with a total time of 1 hour and 25 minutes! I figure if I want to improve on my overall, my running would be the first thing. I had a lot of fun though! I definitely want to do it again!

3 comments:

  1. WOWsers! I'm so proud of you. You are my inspiration right now to get my butt off my couch. Not to mention you have a rockin body right now. Who says mom's can't look great after having kids. You totally prove that one!

    ReplyDelete