Monday, February 25, 2013

Running: Get 5K Ready in 6 weeks!

It's no mystery that I hate running, but it's the one type of exercise that I REALLY would love to 
get into. Runners are gorgeous! Their muscles are amazing! Who wouldn't want a piece of that! 
So why should we start running? Here are some of the great benefits:

   Heathy heart and lungs
   Reduced body fat
   Reduced stress levels
   Better bones and joints
   Improved mental health
   Better gut health
   Improved muscle tone

So are we ready to get started?! I'm one who does better signing up for events to force me into doing something like running! Now is the time! My first race is less than a month away! 
Here is a 6-week plan of running/walking to get you ready for a 5k (that's 3.1 miles)


I got this routine from this fantastic book I borrowed from the library.
The running section was by far the best, and it included lots of plans for 5K's, 10K's, half marathons, and marathons. If you are thinking of training for a major event, this is a good resource to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment