Monday, January 4, 2010

What Have I Done?

I may have been possessed when I decided to sign up for the MS 150. That's all I can figure out! I've been wanting a roadbike for a long time and I finally got me dream bike in October. Three months later, it only has 1.5 miles on it. I got the clip in pedals and I'm scared to death! I figured jumping in on a race would help me get over my fear, and so here I am, signed up for this huge ride in April, and scared out of my socks!

After teaching spin for a few years now, students kept asking and pushing that I should sign up for this event. But, it took a lady who has MS who takes my spin class, who is signed up for the race, to push me into doing it. I figure, if she is pushing herself to do this, I should count my blessings and do it too! I'm signed up with the Caprock Communications team, and I don't know what that really entails, but it's nice to be a part of a team!

My goal: 150 miles
Money to raise: $400
To donate: Click Here

The Game Plan: There are training series you can sign up for in preparation for the race, but frankly, our weekends are crazy and I didn't want to drop the money to join in without the sure knowledge that I could join in every week. So, I've signed up for a race at the beginning of February. It's the Puddle for the Ducks and I'm racing 37 miles. In March I'm planning on signing up for the Gator Ride and up the mileage, and then the week before the biggie, I'm going to sign up for the Ram Challenge and enter in the 75 mile race. Hopefully with these races, mixed with whatever rides and I can get in on, and my spin classes (4 a week!), I will feel remotely prepared for this thing.

1 comment: