Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting the Gear

I've been excited to start really riding on the street and go figure, this week has been FREEZING (by Houston standards!). I did get me some mountain bike shoes so I'm a little less afraid to clip in, and today I went out and got me some true blue biking shorts with the basically diaper butt! I'm becoming official! If only it would warm up so I can ride! I'm currently counting my spin classes as training, although we never stay in the saddle more that a few minutes. Maybe I should do an all seated class. I bet my Saturday class would love that! I've been really inspired by my spin classes--in every class this week (to date, I'm up to 3) I've had multiple people training. It's nice that I have people I know that will be out there on the bikes with me, so maybe I'll see a familiar face! Tomorrow I'm hopefully heading to another bike shop to get some tubes and hopefully some capri pants to ride in . . . and maybe a water rack. Then, I should be set (hopefully). How did I manage to pick such an expensive hobby. This a trait that runs in my family!

1 comment:

  1. Did I understand this correctly? You have a "blue butt because it is so cold in Houston?

    ReplyDelete