Monday, January 18, 2010

Finally a Ride!

I finally went on a small ride today. At least I logged 5+ more miles on my bike, which practically quadrupled the original 1.5! The ride was definitely interesting. I went down a road by my house, and think I picked the pot-holeiest (it's a real word!) road in Houston. On the road, I passed a dead cow carcus, multiple trash piles (including a baby seat), and finished it off by passing 5 guys on horses. I was only chased by a pack of dogs once, which did lead me to screaming, but other than that, no major issues!

The new shoes were great, I had WAY more confidence clipping in (although my right foot does not cooperate), and I like being able to step out and not slide. It felt good being out there, even in the wind, and the horses! I now know the area a little better and am excited to go explore some of the other roads and neighborhoods around mine. I need to log a lot more miles before I will really feel confident, and I'm still scared to death with the idea of riding with a pack. But, it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment