Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ride One: Revisited

Jon has spring break this week, and I've been meaning to make the most of it ride wise, but that never really happens. So today I decided to go out and redo the first ride around my neighborhood and the street just past our neighborhood. Last time, it was HORRIBLE! I saw multiple random dead things and the road was just aweful. This time was drastically different! From the month I rode on it last, they have completely repaved it! Way to go city! (there was a news report just after my little ride talking about how bad that road was!) Todays ride was pretty nice. It was the first time I wore short sleeves, and I didn't even get chased by a dog!

My Stats:

Mileage: 15.3
Time: 1 hour
Ave Speed: 16.6 mph
Top Speed: 19.8 mph
Calories burned: 485

Things I learned: Cement trucks do not look for cyclists. It's a good thing I had brakes! Cement trucks are fun to draft. They block all major wind. Riding around my neighborhood is about 1 mile, but it's not very entertaining.

All in all, good ride. Nice to get outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment